2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
If you’re in the market for a new pickup, you want a vehicle that can tow your toughest loads around Blair. The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a household name for towing, and its maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds allows you to tow boats, trailers, equipment, and much more with ease. Learn more about the engine specs and towing capacities of the 2021 Chevy Silverado with Sid Dillon Chevrolet Fremont below, then contact our team to arrange a time for a test drive!
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity By Engine
The 2021 Chevy Silverado comes with several strong engine options for your Columbus drives. The 6.2L V8 engine delivers the maximum 2021 Chevy Silverado towing capacity of 13,300 pounds, but the Silverado still offers an impressive 7,900 pounds on its standard 4.3L V6 engine. How much can the Silverado 1500 tow based on engine? Find out below:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine makes 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds. It’s also the standard Silverado 1500 engine.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This engine offers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds, and also increases efficiency.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: With this available engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is elevated to 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds).
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: With the available diesel powertrain, you’ll be able to tow up to 9,500 pounds. You’ll also be able to pull out 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on the roads near Columbus.
Silverado 1500 Towing Features
While the Silverado 1500 engine powers its towing capacity, there are a number of towing features that will help you navigate Omaha roads with your trailer safely. Read more about these features below:
- Trailering Package: This package is standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500, and includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks as accessories for safer towing around Columbus.
Test Drive the Chevy Silverado at Sid Dillon Chevrolet Fremont
The best way to experience the power and capability of the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 is to take a test drive! Visit our Fremont showroom to learn more about this powerhouse pickup with our team, then browse our new vehicle specials for savings on your purchase. Apply for financing today to get behind the wheel of a new Chevy pickup today!
New Silverado 1500 for Sale
More About Chevy Models
When it comes to a reliable SUV for your Omaha commutes, the new 2022 Chevy Equinox is as fuel-efficient as they come. The Chevy Equinox mpg maxes out at 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway with its base-level engine. Learn more about the impressive Chevy Equinox gas mileage with Sid Dillon Chevrolet Fremont and schedule a test drive…
If you’re in the market for a new pickup, you want a vehicle that can tow your toughest loads around Blair. The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a household name for towing, and its maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds allows you to tow boats, trailers, equipment, and much more with ease. Learn more about…